Remember to focus on what YOU can control and keep positive, as this too shall pass.
I wanted to share something with you which a good friend of mine sent me, as I think it’s an excellent read about your unique ability.
Once you understand your unique ability, you’ll be able to leverage your uniqueness in all facets of your life, including your business.
Every one of us is unique – from our experiences to our skillset, to what energizes and motivates us. But what’s interesting is how many of us downplay this because we’ve never learned to acknowledge, let alone appreciate, our talents.
This is why I encourage everyone to explore the Unique Ability Discovery Process, which sheds light on the ways you naturally strive and calls attention to the things that motivate and fulfil you, to better understand your impact.
Identifying Your Unique Ability
Identifying your Unique Ability and putting language around it so you can articulate your “why” isn’t always easy – it requires looking deeper.
And, often, the things we’re best at are so ingrained in us, we don’t recognize them as being unique or special. But if your ambition is to take charge and design the life you want; Unique Ability is a sure-fire route to getting there.
Here are six tips to guide you on the way to identifying your Unique Ability:
- You love to do this everywhere—not just in business. Your Unique Ability is a combination of the things you’re good at and also have a superior passion for. But don’t restrict yourself to thinking of it just in terms of work. Stretch yourself beyond that and think of the ways you create value at home, at school, and with family and friends. Unique Ability isn’t only how you make money; it could also be what your family relies on you for.
- It shines in many different situations and opportunities. Look for and pay attention to the activities and habits that come naturally to you and that stands out in many different situations.
- Your Unique Ability is the essence you bring to all scenarios in which you thrive and likely comes so easily to you that others will recognize it before you recognize it in yourself. Your Unique Ability is “factory installed”: you’ve been doing it since childhood. To some degree, you’ve been doing things this way since you were a kid. Look to your parents, siblings, teachers, or anyone who knew you when you were younger for insight. Think back to a much younger you and how you contributed or were appreciated even then.
- It comes to you so naturally; you might not think it is anything special. We tend to take our Unique Ability for granted because we’ve always done things this way. It might not feel flashy or exciting. It might even seem a little mundane because we’re so used to being ourselves and doing things in this way. But when you acknowledge how you most naturally strive; you get closer to the heart of what drives you.
- Other people count on you for these special talents. What things do other people always count on you for? Look to those as clues to identifying your Unique Ability. The ways that you positively impact people are the things they’ll consistently come to you for—it’s also how you show up as a hero in the world.
- You can get better and better at this for your whole life, and still find it fascinating. Understanding and honing your Unique Ability is a process that will continue throughout your entire life. The more you use it, the more you’ll sharpen it, and the more you’ll understand its impact.
So, use it and watch it evolve to help you become the very best version of yourself, and see new opportunities to add your special kind of value.
Discovering your Unique Ability is one of the truest freedoms possible. It will never feel like hard work and will open you up to how and where you can make your biggest impact.
Use these clues to gain a deeper understanding of why you do what you do so you can be more intentional about it. Getting clear on your contribution and influence is one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself—and those around you.
Want to create a better version of your mortgage broking business? Contact us to find out more.